About the Center for Heirs’ Property Preservation
The Center for Heirs’ Property Preservation (the Center), a nonprofit organization established in February 2005, has a mission of protecting heirs’ property (HP) and promoting the sustainable use of land to provide increased economic benefit to low-wealth families through education, advocacy, legal services and forestry technical assistance in the counties of Allendale, Bamberg, Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Clarendon, Colleton, Dorchester, Georgetown, Hampton, Horry, Jasper, Orangeburg, Sumter. Williamsburg, Darlington, Marion and Florence.
Under general supervision of the Director of Outreach, the Outreach Liaison conducts community outreach and education; schedules and coordinates outreach events; plans and implements Outreach Events, and performs all other duties essential to the success of the Center’s outreach efforts. The position also requires full participation in community outreach efforts and events within the Center’s service area which will include evening and weekend work. This position is a full time equivalent, nonexempt position. The home office for this position will be at the Center’s Orangeburg Office located at 396 St. Paul Street, Unit 105 Orangeburg, SC 29115. The initial primary service area for this position will be in the Center’s Pee Dee Region (Marion, Florence and Darlington Counties.)
Desired Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least two (2) years of community outreach, communications/marketing, or related nonprofit work.
- Must be a proficient and facile writer.
- Must be well-organized, an initiator and able to multi-task.
- Must exercise discretion when handling confidential information.
- Public-speaking skills and experienced in using social media tools to support program/outreach activities.
- Must genuinely like interacting with people of diverse backgrounds. Puts people at ease and is pro-active and patient in building relationships.
- Able to work evenings and weekends, and travel as needed/required.
- Exercises good judgment in following Center standards and does not deviate from the standards.
- A team player who enjoys working with and assisting colleagues, and engaging community members to raise awareness, promote engagement and advance the goals and vision of the Center.
- Is able to participate in training courses in order to expand knowledge of all facets of the Center’s work and that of its key partners relative to forestry, heirs’ property, communications and community relationship-building.
Compensation consists of (1) a base salary that is dependent upon level of experience and education and (2) benefits (i.e., paid leave, health and dental insurance, and retirement).
Applications will be received until 5 pm on January 24, 2020. It is anticipated that the position will be filled by February 14, 2020. Applicants should send via either email or mail (1) a cover letter, which includes why the applicant wishes to apply for the position, along with salary requirements and (2) a resume. This information should be sent to the attention of:
ReZsaun Lewis, Executive Assistant to the CEO, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Center for Heirs’ Property Preservation, 1535 Sam Rittenberg Blvd., Suite D., Charleston, South Carolina 29407
No calls, please, regarding this opportunity; however, feel free to view the Center’s website at www.heirsproperty.org for additional information.