FINANCE AND DATABASE SPECIALIST
About the Center for Heirs’ Property Preservation: The Center for Heirs’ Property Preservation (the Center), a nonprofit organization established in February 2005, has a mission of protecting heirs’ property (HP)—a form of landownership—and promoting the sustainable use of land to provide increased economic benefit to low-wealth families through education, advocacy, legal services, and forestry technical assistance primarily in the counties of Allendale, Bamberg, Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Clarendon, Colleton, Darlington, Dorchester, Florence, Georgetown, Hampton, Horry, Jasper, Marion, Orangeburg, Sumter and Williamsburg in South Carolina. In addition, the Center has a national and regional leadership role in providing expertise on the issue of HP and, ultimately, in developing business models for best practices in the work needed to address the HP issue in all its complexity.
Position Description: The Center is a rapidly growing, results-oriented, small team workplace seeking a smart, energetic, and committed individual to join the Finance and Administration Team. CHPP is in the process of implementing a new Accounting Software program that integrates with our CRM system Salesforce. This position will work with both systems to ensure that data is properly entered and maintained in the system. The ideal candidate will have experience in accounting, bookkeeping, data entry or database management & reporting. This position is an ideal fit for a highly organized, data focused individual who enjoys multi-tasking. The successful applicant will be a team player who has a strong work ethic and communicates clearly with staff and leadership.
Essential Job Functions
- Verifies and accurately processes invoices in accounting system for payments
- Gathers and sorts daily mail; prepares grant receipts and gifts for deposit daily
- Provide support with data analytics with the processing of Excel spreadsheets and spreadsheet creation
- Support Administration with HR and Office related duties
- Research account coding to ensure grants and gifts are recorded properly and accounts payables are recorded to correct grant funding source
- Resolves account discrepancies by researching submitted documents for other departments and making necessary adjustments to ensure the data is accurate and complete
- As a part of the Finance Team, collaborate with team members to create standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistent data entry and use of Salesforce
- Assist in developing, documenting, and maintaining efficient system processes and workflows for data entry, gift processing, grant processing and client creation
- Performs regular audits of the CRM system to ensure data integrity and quality • Develop standards and processes to clean database records
- Organize and maintain filing system for source documents after entering data into the database
- Assist in the creation of reports for grant reporting requirements
- Create and administer training to existing or new staff and provide one-on-one training to end users on an on-going basis
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with center staff and consultants as needed
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other finance and office related duties as assigned by management 1 Desired Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information technology, accounting or related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in accounting, bookkeeping, data entry, database management or equivalent experience in related field
- A basic understanding of accounting principles and databases • Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software preferred
- Experience with Accounting Software, such as QuickBooks, Sage, MIP or others preferred
- Ability to take initiative and handle multiple assignments while working efficiently and, effectively, and independently under minimal supervision in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills, oral and written communication skills, attention to details and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess capability to deal with individuals from various backgrounds including clients and Center personnel.
- Has the ability to engage in outreach work in the Center’s service area. • Must possess a valid SC driver’s license.
- Must use good judgment in following Center standards and does not deviate from the standards.
Compensation: Compensation consists of (1) a base salary that is dependent upon the level of experience and falls within Center Pay Grade 6 ($38,000 – $45,000) and (2) benefits (i.e., paid leave, health and dental insurance, and retirement).
Application Process: Applications will be received until 5 pm on October 30, 2020. It is anticipated that the position will be filled by November 16, 2020. Applicants should send via email (1) a cover letter, which includes why the applicant wishes to apply for the position, along with salary requirements and (2) a resume. This information should be sent to the attention of: Cheryl Reid, CFO (email@example.com), Center for Heirs’ Property Preservation, 1535 Sam Rittenberg Blvd., Suite D., Charleston, South Carolina 29407 No calls, please, regarding this opportunity; however, feel free to view the Center’s website at www.heirsproperty.org for additional information.
Note: Although some of CHPP’s staff are working remotely due to COVID, this position is not eligible for full-time remote employment, as several duties require you to be in the office 3-4x per week